(Recommended ratio of 1:7)
The Cold Brew is an all-time favourite in the 'summer and the barista's popular’ popular choice for an iced coffee. This method results in a chilled but strong cup of coffee.
Cold brew is made from very coarse coffee grounds that have been steeped in cold water for 12 to 24 hours. The immersion of grounds in water allows the taste notes to dissolve into the water.
- Easy to make that results in a strong brew that lasts for almost two weeks.
- Great health benefits and strong taste.
- A large ratio of coffee to water which might be hard to filter.
- Ground the fresh beans on a very coarse gradient (BLACKCoffee recommends Brazil Cascavel Verde or Central Italian Blend)
- Pour in 150g of coffee grounds into a container with 1L water.
- Stir well and allow it to rest for 12 to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Take out of the fridge and filter it.
- Take the filtered coffee and serve it chilled.